crispy chicken with tarragon salt
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1 x 1.6kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- rice flour, for dusting
- tarragon salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves
- To make the tarragon salt, place the salt and tarragon in a mortar and pestle and grind until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the stock, tarragon, garlic, wine and chicken in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat until hot. Dust the chicken in rice flour and deep-fry, in batches, for 3-4 minutes or until crispy. Sprinkle with the tarragon salt to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.