banana, raspberry and coconut bread
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana
- 1 cup (160g) frozen raspberries
- ½ cup (25g) sweetened coconut flakes, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 1¾ cups (255g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the banana, raspberries, coconut, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm (2.5 litre-capacity) lightly greased loaf tin lined with baking paper and sprinkle with the extra coconut flakes. Bake for 80–85 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serves 6–8.
This was absolutely amazing !!!
I have always struggled making a good banana bread but with these extra yummy ingredients added to this it’s a winner winner! Thanks for the recipe x
donna hay team
Hi Shelly, we haven’t tested this so we can’t guarantee it will turn out the same. Let us know how you go! The DH Team.
Can I use whole meal flour and olive oil instead?