cheat's chorizo paella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 cup (200g) medium-grain rice
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and chorizo and cook for 4–5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the rice, stock and tomato, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for a further 15 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is al dente. Stir through the coriander and feta to serve. Serves 2.
I have been making this for years, and it’s still awesome! So much flavour from simple ingredients.
This is an easy and tasty “one pot” meal. I do find it needs another 5-10 min cooking with lid off at the end, and it’s even better with an extra chorizo sausage.