fig, date and cinnamon granola
- 1 cup (200g) raw buckwheat
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (45g) golden linseeds (flaxseeds)
- ½ cup (50g) LSA+
- ½ cup (80g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (200g) dried figs, quartered
- 10 fresh dates (200g), pitted and chopped
- fresh figs, natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and almond milk, to serve
- Place the buckwheat and water in a medium bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Drain the buckwheat and place in a large bowl. Add the chia seeds, sesame seeds, linseeds, LSA, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and oil, and mix to combine.
- Spread the granola over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add the dried fig and date and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve with fresh figs, yoghurt, almond milk, extra chia seeds and extra maple syrup. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
+ This will keep in an airtight container for up to one month.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.