- 1¼ cup (110g) rolled oats
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (90g) golden syrup
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted. While the butter is melting, place the bicarbonate of soda and water in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add to the butter mixture, being careful as it begins to foam. Add to the oat mixture and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread.
- Cook in the oven, in batches, for 12–14 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool on the trays slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 20
There are no comments for this entry yet.