banana cinnamon ice-cream
- 500g bananas (approximately 4 large)
- 1½ cups (420g) thick plain (natural) yoghurt, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- Slice the bananas into even rounds and layer in a freeze-proof container between sheets of non-stick baking paper. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the banana, yoghurt, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup in a food processor and process for 3–5 minutes or until smooth.
- Spoon into a 1.5-litre-capacity metal container and freeze for 3–4 hours or until firm. Drizzle with the extra maple syrup to serve. Serves 4 –6
Tip: To make this recipe dairy-free, you can omit the yoghurt. All other quantities remain the same.
There are no comments for this entry yet.