chocolate cupcake ice-creams
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 16 store-bought ice-cream cones*
- 1¼ cups (190g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 80g dark chocolate, extra, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 glace cherries
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
chocolate butter cream icing
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 cups (320g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar mixture, sifted
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well after each addition. Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and beat until combined. Fold through the milk and stir in the chocolate.
- Place the ice-cream cones on a baking tray and place a piece of the extra chocolate in the base of each cone. Spoon the cupcake mixture into the cones and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool.
- To make the chocolate butter cream icing, place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar mixture, cocoa powder and milk and beat for a further 6 minutes or until light and creamy. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes using a star-shaped nozzle and top with the glacé cherries to serve. Makes 16.
* Choose ice-cream cones with a flat base so they can stand up.
There are no comments for this entry yet.