- ½ cup (70g) finely grated carrot (about 1 carrot)
- ⅓ cup (25g) fresh sourdough or wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 350g lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 mini pita breads
- ¾ cup (210g) store-bought tzatziki dip or natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- Place the carrot in a big bowl and, using the back of a wooden spoon, press it to bring out the juice. Add the breadcrumbs and mix until they’re soft from the juicy carrot.
- Add the lamb, mint, honey, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. With clean hands or a spatula, mix everything really well to combine.
- Shape 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Thread it onto a small skewer and mould it to make an oval shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 10–12 skewers.
- Place the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the skewers, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top each pita with tzatziki, cucumber and a lamb skewer. Serve with lemon wedges and a simple tomato salad, if you like. serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.