beef, tomato and mushroom pot pies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g beef rump steak, trimmed and chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic and cook for 5–8 minutes or until brown.
- Add the tomato, salt and pepper and cook for a further 5–8 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into 2 x 1 cup-capacity (250ml) ovenproof dishes and place on a baking tray.
- Cut 2 x 12cm-rounds from the pastry. Brush the edges of the dishes with egg, top with pastry and press edges to seal. Brush pastry with remaining egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Serve with steamed green beans or peas or a crisp green salad. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.