veal, quince paste and
smoked almond sausage rolls
- 1 cup (70g) sourdough breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 250g pork mince
- 250g veal mince
- 150g quince paste, finely chopped
- ½ cup (80g) natural smoked almonds, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- caraway seeds, for sprinkling
- tomato relish, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the breadcrumbs, milk, pork mince, veal mince, quince paste, almonds, garlic, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes.
- Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with the egg. Roll to enclose, ensuring the seam is underneath. Use a small sharp knife to make small cuts along each sausage roll. Brush with egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Place on a large lightly greased oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with relish. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.