banana and cacao ice-cream
- 500g bananas (approximately 4 large)
- 1½ cups (420g) thick plain (natural) yoghurt, chilled
- 1 cup (100g) raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Slice the bananas into even rounds and layer in a freeze-proof container between sheets of non-stick baking paper. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the banana, yoghurt, cacao, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor and process for 3–5 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into a 1.5-litre-capacity metal container and freeze for 3–4 hours or until firm. Serves 4–6.
+ To make this recipe dairy-free, you can omit the yoghurt. Just reduce the quantity of cacao powder to ¼ cup (25g).
donna hay team
Hi Jade, yes you can definitely make that substitute. Enjoy! The DH team x
My fiancé is lactose intolerant, can I substitute the yogurt for coconut yogurt?