zucchini and mozzarella pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 medium zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced lengthways
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- basil leaves, to serve
- 6 medium (1kg) zucchini (courgette), grated and excess liquid drained
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (95g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the zucchini base, place the grated zucchini, parmesan, garlic, egg, flour, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into 2 rounds on 2 large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and spread out each to form a 22cm round. Cook for 35–40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the oil, chilli, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Top each base with the sliced zucchini, mozzarella and basil, and drizzle with the chilli mixture to serve. Makes 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.