zucchini, parsnip and celeriac pasta
with broccoli sauce
- 3 medium zucchinis (courgettes) (390g), shredded
- 3 medium parsnips (750g), peeled and shredded
- 1 small celeriac (celery root) (250g), peeled and shredded
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- finely grated parmesan and small basil leaves, to serve
- 8 cups (480g) broccoli florets
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup (55g) cashews
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- To make the broccoli sauce, place the broccoli, parmesan, cashews and salt in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the lemon zest and broccoli mixture and cook, stirring, for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Add the zucchini, parsnip and celeriac to the broccoli sauce and toss until combined.
- Divide between serving bowls, drizzle with oil and top with parmesan and basil to serve. Serves 4
donna hay team
Hi Gail, because the pasta is made just from zucchini it only needs a short time to wilt. The dh team
I don’t understand how the “pasta” is cooked? Surely tossing it in the sauce isn’t enough.