watercress and walnut pesto pasta salad
- 400g large spiral pasta
- ½ cup (60g) pitted Sicilian olives
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated pecorino
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 5 cups (75g) watercress sprigs
- ¾ cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Place the olives, walnuts, pecorino, mint and 4 cups (60g) of the watercress in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until just combined.
- Place the pasta and watercress pesto in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Top with the remaining watercress to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.