mushroom and ginger soup
with turkey dumplings and greens
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2½ tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 cup (30g) dried shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) tamari
- 1.5 litres water
- 500g turkey mince
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 227g can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 eggwhite
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g mixed mushrooms, trimmed+
- 150g snow peas (mange tout), shredded
- 150g sugar snap peas, shredded
- 300g silken tofu, cut into cubes
- toasted white sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the ginger and cook for 4 minutes. Add the shiitake mushroom, tamari and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place the turkey, coriander, water chestnut, oyster sauce, eggwhite, salt, pepper and remaining ginger in a large bowl and mix to combine. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and add to the stock. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the mixed mushroom and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Add the snow peas, sugar snap peas and tofu and cook for 1 minute. Divide between bowls and top with sesame seeds to serve. Serves 4
+ We used a mixture of oyster, king and shimeji mushrooms, but you can use any varieties you prefer.
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.