goji-coconut bliss balls
- ½ cup (70g) goji berries+
- 1 cup (160g) almonds
- 2 cups (150g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 10 fresh dates (150g), pitted
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder+
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 150g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup (35g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Place the goji berries in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes to soak. Drain, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Place the goji berries, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, dates, cacao and maple syrup in a food processor and process, scraping down the sides occasionally, for 4 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Working one at a time, dip a ball into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a large tray lined with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle with the pistachio. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. Serve. Makes 28.
+ Goji berries and raw cacao powder are available from the health food aisle of supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.