mustard and brandy gravy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or pan drippings
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (125ml) brandy
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–7 minutes or until golden and sandy in texture. Carefully whisk in the brandy. Gradually whisk in the stock. Add the tomato paste, sugar, bay leaves, peppercorns, garlic and mustard, increase the heat to medium and cook for a further 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken, turkey or pork. Makes 2 cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.