plain gingerbread dough
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (90g) light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10–12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the golden syrup, flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice. Beat until a smooth dough forms. Makes 1 quantity
If the dough feels too soft at any stage, you can refrigerate it for a few minutes before continuing. Freeze any leftover dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 2 months.
For cooking time and serving suggestions see recipes below:
There are no comments for this entry yet.