roasted spatchcocks with port, mushrooms and lentils
- 4 x 500g spatchcocks (baby chickens), trimmed and tied
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (400g) dried green lentils
- 3 dried chorizo, sliced
- 5 eschalots (French shallots), halved
- 4 bay leaves
- ¼ cup (10g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 300g mixed mushrooms+
- 1½ cups (375ml) port
- 1.25 litres hot chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Sprinkle the spatchcocks with salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil.
- Place the lentils, chorizo, eschalots, bay leaves, porcini, mixed mushrooms, port and stock in a large deep-sided roasting pan and mix to combine.
- Place the spatchcocks on top and cook for 30 minutes or until the spatchcocks are golden and the lentils are just tender. Serves 4
+ We used a combination of Swiss brown and chestnut mushrooms, but you can use any type you like.
There are no comments for this entry yet.