artichoke and pesto mac and cheese
- 2 cups (280g) macaroni
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (220g) store-bought marinated artichokes, sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups (180g) grated havarti cheese (see tip)
- ¼ cup (65g) store-bought pesto, plus extra to serve
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat a grill (broiler) to high. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pan with the reserved cooking water, the cream, artichoke, salt and pepper. Place over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, to warm through.
- Add the havarti and pesto and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in an ovenproof frying pan and cook under the grill for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Serve with parmesan, basil and extra pesto. Serves 4.
+ Havarti cheese is a semi-soft cow’s milk cheese originating in Denmark; find it in delicatessens, supermarkets and specialty grocery stores. If you can’t find havarti, you could also use provolone.
There are no comments for this entry yet.