classic open steak sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 100g beef minute (sirloin) steaks
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅔ cup (200g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 panini rolls, halved and toasted
- ⅓ cup (90g) store-bought beetroot relish
- 2 tablespoons hot English mustard
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise onto each roll half and top with the steak, beetroot relish and mustard. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4.
Super tasty sandwich and really easy to do in less than 10 minutes. Note: as someone who doesn’t eat hot English mustard very often, I often forget just how intense it is. Please take this as a warning - spread the mustard sparingly.