haloumi and lamb skewers
- 450g lamb leg steaks, trimmed, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g haloumi, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups (60g) watercress sprigs
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, quartered
honey dill dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Combine the lamb, garlic, vinegar, half the oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. Thread the lamb onto 8 skewers, alternating with haloumi. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or barbecue over medium heat. Brush skewers with oil and cook in batches, turning, for 6 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine honey, vinegar, oil, dill, salt and pepper and set aside. Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 6–8 minutes or until golden.
- Toss the chickpeas, watercress and onion in a bowl with the dressing. Serve with the skewers and avocado. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.