with crispy sage and brie
- ¼ cup (10g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eschalots (French shallots), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (400g) arborio rice
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup sage leaves
- 125g triple cream brie, sliced
- Place the porcini in a large bowl, add the stock and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes.
Simply delicious. I made this for friends to rave reviews. Easy and impressive.