spiced pear butterscotch pudding
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g butter, softened
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- ⅔ cups (160ml) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 Packham’s pears, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch schnapps
- 1 cup (360g) honey
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch schnapps, extra
- Place the flour, baking powder, butter, sugars, mixed spice, milk and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Fold through the orange rind, pear and butterscotch schnapps and spoon into a lightly greased 8 cup-capacity (2L) metal Bundt tin. Cover with baking paper and aluminium foil, secure with string and place in a large saucepan of boiling water filled three-quarters of the way up the side of the tin.
- Cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer over low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes, adding more boiling water when necessary. Remove from the saucepan, allow to stand for 10–15 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
- Combine the honey and extra butterscotch schnapps and drizzle over the pudding to serve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.