worcestershire braised beef ribs
- 8 beef short ribs (about 2kg)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 1 cup (250ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ litres cold water
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water, extra
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the ribs, bay leaves, garlic and ¼ cup (60ml) of the Worcestershire sauce in a large saucepan. Cover with the cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 hour or until tender. Remove the ribs and place in a large roasting dish, discarding the cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the sugar, extra water and remaining Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the ribs and cover with aluminium foil. Cook for 35–40 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes or until dark golden brown and sticky.
- Sprinkle with the parsley to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.