zucchini and kaffir lime tzatziki
with spelt flatbreads
- 2 zucchini (courgettes), grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely shredded, plus extra to serve
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil, thinly sliced long green chilli
- and cracked black pepper, to serve
- ⅔ cup (190g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt (see note, page 90)
- 1 cup (140g) wholemeal spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the zucchini and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Place the mixture in a clean tea towel, wrap up and squeeze out any excess liquid. Place the mixture in a medium bowl, add the yoghurt, lime leaves, mint and garlic, and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the spelt flatbreads, place the yoghurt, flour, coriander leaves, ground coriander, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll out each piece into a 2mm thick round, dusting with extra flour if necessary. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with the oil. Cook 1 of the flatbreads for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining oil and flatbreads.
- Serve the flatbreads with the zucchini and kaffir lime tzatziki and extra mint leaves. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chilli and pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.