warm beetroot, chickpea and spinach
- ¼ cup (75g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons store-bought horseradish cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x 410g can baby beetroots, drained and halved
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Place the mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the beetroot and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. To serve, layer the spinach with the beetroot, chickpeas and mayonnaise mixture. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.