cranberry, coconut and orange bread with yoghurt
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cups (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- 1 cup (280g) natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the sugar, coconut, cranberries, eggs, oil, orange juice and orange rind and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 21cm x 10cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack, dust with icing sugar and serve with the yoghurt. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.