chicken noodle soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 500ml water
- 100g spaghetti, broken into lengths
- 2 chicken breast fillets (500g), cut into 1cm strips
- 2 cups (40g) baby spinach leaves
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes or until just starting to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 4–5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir through the spinach. Sprinkle with pepper and divide between bowls to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.