caramel and cardamom kisses
- 1¼ cups (185g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggwhites, extra
- 1 cup (300g) store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease 12 x 1½-tablespoon-capacity non-stick patty tins. Place the flour, sugar, cardamom, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the eggwhite to the flour mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each patty tin. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn out the cakes onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining mixture, re-greasing the tins, to make a total of 36 cakes.
- Spread half the cooled cakes with the caramel and sandwich with the remaining cakes to serve. Makes 18
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.