apple and caramel hand pies
- 1 cup (180g) coarsely grated apple
- 2 tablespoons store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche
- 18 gow gee wrappers
- water, for brushing
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white (granulated) sugar
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the apple in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess juice.
- Place the drained apple in a medium bowl, add the caramel and mix to combine. Place 1-teaspoon portions of the mixture onto half of each gow gee wrapper. Brush the edges with water, fold the wrappers over to enclose the filling and press the edges to seal. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Place the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Brush the pies with the butter and toss in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve warm. Makes 18.
There are no comments for this entry yet.