chocolate butterscotch swirls
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (125g) mascarpone
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup (60ml) butterscotch schnapps
- 2 tablespoons store-bought chocolate-coated coffee beans, crushed
- store-bought biscotti, to serve
- Place the cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Place the chocolate and schnapps in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream mixture and gently stir to create a swirled effect.
- Divide between 4 x 1-cup-capacity(250ml) serving glasses. Sprinkle with the crushed coffee beans and serve with biscotti. Makes 4
Photography: Con Poulos
donna hay team
Hi Rachel, if you are having troubles finding butterscotch schnapps, you could replace it with rum, bourbon or scotch. Enjoy!
Am I able to substitute the schnapps with baileys ? I’m having trouble find the schnapps.