burnt chilli, kalette and anchovy spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 10 anchovies, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (450g) kalettes, trimmed+
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g fresh spaghettini
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the anchovy and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add the kalette, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes or until tender and golden.
- While the kalette mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking water. Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the kalette mixture and toss to combine. Divide between bowls, drizzle with the extra oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4
TIPS AND TRICKS:
+ Kalettes are a hybrid of kale and Brussels sprouts. If they are unavailable, substitute with Brussels sprouts.
There are no comments for this entry yet.