chicken breasts filled
with silverbeet, stracchino and pancetta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 slices flat pancetta
- 200g silverbeet (Swiss chard), stalks removed and leaves torn
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup (90g) canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon vincotto
- 200g stracchino cheese, torn
- 1 bunch oregano
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and pancetta and cook for 1 minute. Add the silverbeet and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Add the lemon rind and gently toss to combine.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a long pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Fold open and pound gently to flatten. Place the tomato and vincotto in a small bowl and mix to combine. Spoon the tomato mixture into each pocket. Top the tomato mixture with the pancetta, garlic, silverbeet and cheese. Fold over the chicken to enclose.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side. Place on a lightly greased oven tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Add the oregano and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.