chocolate caramel brittle
- 450g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 cups (440g) white (granulated) sugar
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 300g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a 24cm x 34cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted. Add the sugar, glucose syrup and water and stir with a metal spoon to combine. Place a sugar (candy)thermometer in the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally when the temperature reads above 140°C (284°F), for 22–25 minutes or until it reaches 152°C (305°F). Working quickly, pour the caramel onto the tray and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the caramel and allow to melt for 2 minutes. Smooth the chocolate using a palette knife and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 40 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Break the brittle into shards to serve. Serves 10–12
Tip: Store the brittle in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
There are no comments for this entry yet.