asparagus and ricotta souffle omelette
- 6 eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup (80ml) single (pouring) cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (150g) asparagus,
shaved with a peeler
- 1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- baby sorrel leaves, to serve
- Place the egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper
in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the eggwhites in a separate large, clean bowl and whisk to stiff peaks. Carefully fold the eggwhites into the yolk mixture.
- Divide the oil between 2 x 18cm non-stick frying pans and place over medium heat. Divide the asparagus between the pans, top with the egg mixture and cook for 3 minutes or until puffed and golden on the bottom.
- Top with the ricotta and fold over to enclose. Sprinkle with pepper and parmesan and serve immediately with sorrel leaves. Serves 4
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.