baked red chicken curry
- 8 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- ⅓ cup (100g) store-bought Thai red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- coriander (cilantro) and basil leaves, snow pea (mange tout) tendrils or shoots and lime wedges, to serve
- steamed greens and jasmine rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the chicken, skin-side up, in a heavy-based ovenproof casserole dish.
- Combine the curry paste, coconut milk, stock and fish sauce and pour over the chicken. Add the lime leaves, cover with a lid and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for a further 20–25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Sprinkle with the coriander, basil, snow pea tendrils and serve with lime wedges, steamed greens and jasmine rice. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
Delicious and super easy do-ahead recipe. I needed to add coconut sugar but I guess it depends on the red curry paste brand. Thank you Donna!
Love this recipe! It is a favourite in our household. Super easy to throw together.
This is definitely a ‘make again’ recipe. It’s so simple and it’s really a ‘one pot’ meal. The flavours are perfectly balanced and yummy too!
I will try a more shallow dish next time I cook this, as I think this will promote the crispy skin look you see in the recipe photo. I served steamed baby buk choy and snake beans with naan bread to soak up the sauce - don’t forget to use the lime wedges to squeeze the juice over your meal as this makes a lovely, tangy addition to the flavours.
Simple and delicious! Will definitely make this again