with trio of toppings
- 6 corncobs, husks pulled back and tied
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
smoky chilli butter
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
feta and mint topping
- 110g firm feta
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- baby (micro) mint leaves to serve
ricotta salata, lime and
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated ricotta salata+
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- To make the smoky chilli butter, place the butter, paprika, sugar, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- To make the feta and mint topping, place the feta in a bowl and, using your fingers, finely crumble. Add the lemon rind, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make the ricotta salata, lime and coriander topping, place the ricotta salata, lime rind, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Cook the corncobs for 8 minutes, turning, or until charred and just cooked. Brush 2 of the corncobs with the mayonnaise and roll in the ricottasalata mixture. Spread 2 of the remaining corncobs with the smoky chilli butter. Sprinkle the remaining corncobs with the feta mixture and top with chilli and mint to serve. Makes 6.
Tip: You can make any of these toppings in advance – just keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
+ Ricotta salata is a salted, aged and pressed ricotta, perfect for shaving, slicing or crumbling. It’s available from delicatessens and cheese shops.
There are no comments for this entry yet.