blueberry, oat and yoghurt muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (140g) thick Greek-style (natural) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (30g) rolled oats, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, sugar, egg, oil, yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined. Gently fold through the oats and blueberries. Divide the mixture between 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper cases.
- Sprinkle with extra oats and sugar and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Makes 12.
I’ve made these several times, they turned out OK, but not amazing, they tend to be a little dry
Such a great recipe! To make it even healthier I substituted the white flour for wholemeal. They turned out delicious!