chicken with burnt lemons and haloumi
- 12 sprigs marjoram or oregano
- 2 lemons, cut into six wedges each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x small 180g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 200g haloumi, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 cups (100g) baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the marjoram and lemons on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the lemons start to char on the edges. Add the chicken to the tray and roll in the tray juices to coat. Top with haloumi and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, place spinach leaves onto serving plates and top with the hot chicken, haloumi and lemons to slightly wilt the spinach. Spoon the tray juices over the top and serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.