Classic corn fritters
- 4 fresh corncobs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- crispy bacon, roasted tomatoes and watercress, to serve
- Remove the husks and silks from the corncobs. Slice the kernels from the cobs and set aside.
- Place the flour, eggs, buttermilk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the corn, onion and coriander and fold to combine.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ¼-cupfuls of the mixture and cook for 4–6 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden brown. Repeat with the remaining oil and corn mixture.
- Divide the fritters between plates and serve with the bacon, tomatoes and watercress. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.