corn and dill fritters
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 100g cream cheese
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 x 220g salmon fillets, skin off and pin-boned
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the flour, eggs, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine (the mixture will be slightly lumpy). Add the corn and dill and fold through to combine. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the mixture, at a time, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the salmon and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Flake the salmon. Top fritters with the salmon and watercress and serve with the lemon wedges. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.