spiced mushroom and tomato baked eggs
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150g kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- micro (baby) parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat grill (broiler) to high heat. Place the coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar and pound with a pestle until fine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the coriander and cumin mixture, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add the kale and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between 2 x 15cm non-stick frying pans+. Crack 2 eggs into each frying pan. Cook under the grill for 3–4 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with chilli and parsley to serve. Serves 2.
+ Alternatively, you can cook the egg mixture in one 18–20cm non-stick frying pan.
There are no comments for this entry yet.