- 4 cups (360g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (135g) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (100g) roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (115g) roughly chopped pecans
- ½ cup (120g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons ground ginger
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) grapeseed oil or light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place maple syrup, oil, vanilla and orange rind in a jug and mix to combine. Pour the maple mixture into the oats mixture and gently mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper+ and spread evenly. Baking for 20 minutes. Stir the mixture and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the granola is golden and crunchy. Allow to cool on the trays. Makes 8 cups
+ We used Glad to be Green® Compostable Brown Paper.
The granola will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.