light and fluffy pancakes
- ¾ cup (110g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk+
- 2 eggs, separated
- maple syrup, to serve
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, buttermilk and egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the eggwhite to the pancake batter and gently fold to combine.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- In batches, cook heaped tablespoons of the mixture for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Drizzle with maple syrup to serve. Makes 12.
+ Gently folding in the whisked eggwhite will keep these pancakes super light.
+ Buttermilk makes them extra fluffy.
There are no comments for this entry yet.