pear and coffee pecan baked oats
- 2 beurre bosc pears (500g), peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates (90g), pitted and torn
- 400ml can coconut milk, plus extra to serve
- 20ml espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup (60g) pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Divide the pear and date between 6 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) shallow ovenproof baking dishes. Place the coconut milk, coffee, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup in a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the pear mixture.
- Place the oats, coconut, pecan and remaining maple syrup in a large bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the pear mixture. Place the dishes on a baking tray and cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with extra coconut milk. Serves 6
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ Wholesome rolled oats are minimally processed compared to their quick-cooking alternatives – they add a delightful chewy texture and contain soluble fibre, which is great for digestion.
There are no comments for this entry yet.