power breakfast muffins
- ½ cups (225g) plain wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (150g) coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (280g) plain thick yoghurt
- ⅔ cup (160ml) Cobram Estate light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 cups (390g) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place the flour, almond meal, baking powder, sugar, chia, yoghurt, oil, vanilla and egg in a bowl and mix until just combined. Add the mixed berries and gently fold through.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin cases. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12
Photography: Chris Court
+ These muffins are great for anyone’s lunch box or for when you’re on the go. To freeze, allow to cool, place into airtight container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
There are no comments for this entry yet.