rosemary, cheddar and pecan damper muffins
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 1½ cups grated (180g) vintage cheddar
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- ½ cup (60g) roughly chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups (310ml) buttermilk
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- sliced cheddar, cornichons and tomato chutney, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place the flour, salt, rosemary, 1 cup cheddar, mozzarella and ¼ cup (30g) pecans in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the eggs, buttermilk and butter and mix until just combined. Spoon into 6 x ¾ cup-capacity (180ml) lightly greased muffin tins and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar, pecans and extra rosemary sprigs.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in tins for 5 minutes. Serve with sliced cheddar, cornichons and chutney. Makes 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.