simple banana bread
- 4 medium ripe bananas (800g), peeled and chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups (260g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self raising (self-raising) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the bananas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and mix to combine. Pour into a lightly greased 25cm x 11cm loaf pan (see note, below) lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serves 8–10.
+ We have used the large deep rectangular French wooden baking tray, available from the donna hay online store.
Simple easy and tastes wonderful!