zucchini and chickpea fritters
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
- ⅓ cup (50g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, onion, dill, lemon zest, flour, eggs and milk and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook ¼ cupfuls of the mixture, in batches, flattening slightly, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with lemon wedges. Makes 10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.